Wednesday, August 28, 2013

I'm here!

I made it to Dushanbe! Other than the crying babies on every single flight and all the layovers, the flight wasn't too bad. For about two days, though, I had no idea what time it was, and now that I'm here, all I want to do is sleep!

I don't really have anything to say, but I have time to kill so I'm writing this. I'm probably not supposed to say that, huh? Oh well!

I met my host family briefly this morning. My host mother showed me around the house--it's very nice!--and made me breakfast, which was tasty. I don't really know what it was, but it was good! I'll have to ask her how to make it sometime. Not yet, though. The Tajik dialect is going to take some getting used to!

Ok, I guess that's it. I'm tired. Bye!

6 comments:

  1. מזל טוב! Glad to hear you made it there safely! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY FOR BEING SAFE!!! now you start the badass adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crying babies (like secrets!) are no fun! Be safe, and learn a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes. Learn how to make food (for me) while you're there. LOVE YOU! Have so much fun :)
    Also...glad you made it safely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear of your safe arrival. Ugh! Crying babies! Just give them Benadryl and put them in a pet carrier. That's what we did with our kids and they turned out just fine. Lol!

    'With your head full of brains and your shoes full of feet you are too smart to go down any not-so-good street."--Dr. Seuss

    Have an amazing "cross it off your bucket list" kind of experience!

    Our thoughts and prayers are with you, Emily Jean.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, crying babies and secrets are like hemorrhoids. Make certain that it is realized that you're there to learn Farsi, not primarily to teach English. Wonder how different this dialect will be? God bless you Em.

    ReplyDelete