Saturday, August 24, 2013

Getting ready to go!



Hello, friends!

On Tuesday I leave to study abroad in Dushanbe, Tajikistan, for four months. I’ve been taking Persian for about three and a half years now, so I’m looking forward to studying in an immersion environment this fall.

Here are some lists about things:

Things I am excited about
-Living with a host family (ten people including me!)
-Gettin’ my Persian on, all day erryday
-Meeting new people
-Learning a new dialect

Things I am nervous about
-Everything I’m excited about
-Adjusting to the Tajik dialect—it’s not the same as Iranian Persian
-Being far away from my beloved Pittsburgh and all the friends and family therein

And now a little bit of my rusty Persian, for my own good:

سعی‌ می‌‌کنم وبلاگم را هم به انگلیسی هم به فارسی بنویسم. (متاسفانه در طول تابستان فارسیم خیلی‌ بد شده است!) من می‌‌خواهم بعد از اینکه برنامه تمام شد پست‌های را که در ابتدای برنامه نوشتم با پست‌های بعدی مقایسه کنم.

من خیلی‌ خوشحالم که فرصت دارم در کشور تاجیکستان فارسی بخوانم. من این زبان را خیلی‌ دوست دارم!

I hope I did this blogging thing right!

3 comments:

  1. Look out Tajikistan, here comes Emily! You shall be stupendous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to reading about your adventures! Have fun! Prayers! ~C

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading the Farsi part in English thanks to Google translate is fun because even though it's not a perfect translation I am like a spy cracking a code.

    ReplyDelete